Sunday, October 18, 2015

Review 2 Cool hand Luke



 I watched the "Cool hand Luke". When I watched this movie, I admired the rebellious spirit mind that Luke is a main character had. Especially, it is the scene where he breaks out of prison many times. He didn't lose the authority of prison guards and society.

A web site says, "the parking meter of the beginning of the movie was a symbol of absurd authority." If you park on the road, it is the parking violation. However, If you pay money, it isn't violation. I think so too.

 After checking this movie, I knew that there is very famous word. The word is "What we've got here is a failure to communicate." This is the word that the chief of the prison says to Luke. When it's translated literally, this means "I tormented him severely, but he escaped from the prison again." However, true meaning is "There are people who doesn't understood my feelings." I think that the word is a profound meaning.

There are several highlight in this movie. That's a scene of a boxing and the scene where Luke eats 50 boiled eggs in one hour. Luke is beaten up by Dragline who is a boss of the prisoners, but still Luke who stands up is cool. In the scene where he eats the boiled eggs, It isn't that anyone can do it. I can't it too.  And please pay attention to Paul's smiling face. He acts the part of Luke. Even before he die, it was a smiling face. His act is excellent.

Also I thought about the title of this movie. I wonder why the title in Japanese called "Bouryoku datugoku" was named. The original title is better than the Japanese title, because the original title has a proper meaning. "Luke" is a nickname of Lucas who is a main character. "Cool Hand" means, "I don't know what kind of intentions it is." In short, "poker face." The word come out in the scene playing poker.

I think that Luke taught us that he didn't lose authority.

[342 words/ 1843 words]




No comments:

Post a Comment