Wednesday, October 21, 2015

East Asia citizen coexistence film festival



I went to the film festival performed at KGU. It is "East Asia citizen coexistence film festival." I watched the "Hafu" in there. This is a documentary film about the people of the half. Their distress and pleasure, the social change around them in Japan is given by this movie. And the movie director is half too.

I watched the movie, I thought that the half have suffering very much. I knew that there are various kinds for the half. For example, David is half Japanese and half Ghana. He raised in Japan, but he doesn't know about Ghana at all. And Fusae is half Japanese and half Korea. She didn't know that oneself was a person of mixed parentage.  There would be people who have had trouble with themselves appearance. I'm not a half. So I don't know their pains, but can imagine it. If you're half, you may be able to sympathize with the movie.

I think that the half increase. There are a lot of halves in the entertainment world. When I was a junior high school student, there was a half. I'm envious of the half, because they are cool or beautiful. I judged them from an appearance until now, but I understood that it is wrong. If I'm a half, I don't like what is judged from appearance. I think that we are in the grip of a preconceived notion.

They have the distress of languages. In the movie, there is a boy who is a half Mexico and half Japan. He can speak English, Spanish, and Japanese, but he speak Japanese awkwardly. He always speak in Spanish. His mother wants him to maintain 3 languages. So he is confused. As mentioned above, I'm a Japanese, and I speak Japanese. So I live in Japan, I'm not in trouble about a language.

However, I think that there is a problem in the movie. The movie take up for half with Japanese. For example, He has an American culture, but has not the Japanese culture. In other words, Japanese culture is missing. The movie is made based on Japan. There is only half with Japanese in this movie. There is a half person in America and Korea, it's no problem in the movie. I thought that the directors should take up half besides the Japanese.

I think that we don't judge a people from appearance and should see the contents of the person.

[407 words/ 2250 words]

No comments:

Post a Comment